I find myself using Aroma Siez a lot lately. It is amazing for muscle cramps and soreness! The mixture of basil, marjoram, cypress, lavender, and peppermint combines to create a nice almost sweet smell.
Basil is an anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic, which is great for muscle tension or head aches. Marjoram is another antispasmodic and it’s amazing for sore muscles, sprains, or headaches. Cypress relieves muscle cramps and improves overall circulation and may improve respiratory problems. Peppermint is the most commonly know topical analgesic, which helps alleviate pain and is amazing for headaches. Lavender is the balancing oil that brings this blend to a comforting, muscle balancing blend.
This combination helps to eliminate muscle spasms and tension. I’ve used it on acute injuries, chronic tension, and muscle soreness. It’s good for just after a work out in a bath or applying directly to your most sore muscles. It can also help with arthritis pain and most headaches.
Order directly online
or send an email.
Marissa Orchard, LMT
Young Living Independent Distributor # 1582285
It might seem like this is a little preemptive, but fall is almost upon us. School is starting soon, and back to school always seems to be a time when people start getting sick. The sooner you start strengthening your immune system, the less likely you will get sick.
Strengthening your immune system is something we all should consistently try to accomplish. Here are some great tips:
- Stay active! Your lymphatic system does not have a pump like your circulatory system does. It’s “pump” is your skeletal muscles. When school starts and fall comes, we tend to move a little less, creating stagnation to our immune systems. So keep pumping that lymph! The Thrive! Wellness Center just launched the Thrive! Yoga program. Check out the flier for more information. If you don’t have much time, bouncing on your toes for a little is a great way to keep that lymph pumping. If you can, stay active outside–the vitamin D from the sun will also aid in your prevention efforts.
- Get enough sleep! Our bodies do the most healing and regeneration when we are sleeping. If our sleep is off, either restless or limited, our bodies become more susceptible to illness. Preventing illness is not the only reason to get enough sleep. Weight loss and metabolism, memory and learning abilities, safety, mood, and cardiovascular health as well as disease prevention are the main reasons the Harvard Medical School says that sleep is important.
- Eat well! What we put in our bodies is one of the most important aspects of a healthy lifestyle. If you change your diet to all of the sweet goodness that fall offers, your body becomes a breeding ground for bacteria. Here is a great article that talks about sugar and what you can do to avoid it. You can also make sure you’re eating some foods that are more vitamin D rich. Here is an article with the top 10 highest vitamin D foods. If you need further help with your diet, visit Enlightenment Nutrition Consulting.
- Thieves Essential Oil Blend! I’ve talked about Thieves oil before, but I can’t say it enough–it helps keep you healthy! It fights off anything that is incubating in your body in the most gentle, natural way possible.
- Get a massage! Or other bodywork. The same principle applies to getting a massage as staying active–your lymph system does not have a pump, and a massage helps to pump your lymph. Massage,acupuncture, chiropractic, and the like all help boost your immune system. One of the great things about a massage is that you pump your immune system while you are relaxing, which is another great way to help your body heal and fight off infections.
If you follow these tips, I’m sure you will stay happy and healthy this season.