Okay. We’re gonna say it.
WE MISS YOOOOUUUUUU!!!!
We really do! We don’t know what to do with our hands, we don’t know what day of the week it is… We’re lost! We also want to make sure that we are following all of the practices we need to in order to safely open.
Based on the official guidelines, we should not consider reopening until there has been at minimum of a 14 day downward trajectory of cases, which Larimer County has a great site to keep us updated on cases.
On the 22nd, it was stated very clearly that gyms, massage, and yoga studios are NOT to reopen when the Stay at Home order was lifted, but it also didn’t explicitly say when we can expect to possibly reopen. We were also promised guidelines on how to safely reopen, but we haven’t gotten that information yet.
As of April 30, we will not reopen unless Larimer County sees a 14 day downward trajectory of cases.
Our current plan is to open (updated from May 15) June 1st (extended due to delayed deliveries of PPE), and you should be able to book for those appointments. When we do reopen, you can expect the following:
- We will have new waivers sent out to everyone, and with each and every appointment, we will be asking you a brief health questionnaire.
- Masks will be worn by LMTs and clients. If you do not have a mask, we will turn you away for your appointment.
- Waiting areas are closed. Please stay in your car and call/text us at to let us know you are here and ready, and we will respond when we are ready for you to come in.
- Please leave all unnecessary items in your car (phone, purse, etc.) to minimize what’s being brought into the office.
- Upon entering the building, we will be taking your temperature and turning away anyone with a fever. Period.
- For each massage, we will be asking you to confirm certain criteria, like “Have you had a fever or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?” “Have you interacted with anyone who is a COVID patient?” Things like this. These are serious questions that we do have to ask. Every. Time.
- Please wash your hands for 20 seconds, and your therapist will directly show you to your treatment room.
- We will have limited availability during this time and extended time between clients to ensure we can clean the room properly. Please be patient.
- For the time being, we are unable to offer Couple’s Massage, cupping therapies, or intra-oral work for TMJ issues. (Update) We also will not be able to offer hot stone massage or side lying position (typically for prenatal massages, but we have 2 sets of prenatal bolsters!)
Our biggest concerns at this point:
- We don’t want to open too early and then have to close down again.
- There have been cases of individuals exhibiting a blood clotting issue, seemingly in conjunction with COVID-19. We are keeping educated on this and learning more every day, but it is a serious no-no to massage someone with clotting issues in general.
- We don’t want to spread the disease to any of our clients, or bring it home to our families. Social distancing guidelines suggest to remain 6 feet apart. But you can’t do that and massage someone for an hour. And if protocols are not perfectly followed, it puts everyone at risk.
- Staff members here at Under Pressure have their own health concerns–autoimmune diseases, babies at home, chronic illnesses. We need to keep our staff as safe as we can.
We really do want to see you again, and stress management is a huge benefit for keeping your immune system working in tip top shape. We have quite the conundrum! Please bear with us as we continue to strive for the best service we can give you at this time.
We are offering to members to get credits for massages or to suspend their memberships. ANY charges for massages will absolutely be honored when we can resume operations as normal. Please contact email@example.com to update your preferences.